This is the same MagicShine MJ-880 2000 Lumen Bike Light that won the prestigious award of the best bike light by MBUK Magazine for 2013. The 2000 lumens are created from the twin Cree XM-L LEDs. Each of these light sources has an expected life span of 50,000 hours. This light is illuminated thru a pair of high efficient optical lenses.
To power this bike light are 6 x 18650 cells of this lithium ion battery that produces 8.4 volts and has an amperage of 6.6. The charging time for this battery is 3.5 hours. The charge can last up to 2.3 hours when on maximum output constantly. There is an LED indicator light that informs the rider of the power level in the battery. This bike light comes with a battery charger that is specifically made for it. There is a built in protection to prevent overheating of the battery when being charged. The on button is mounted on top of the light so a riding can switch it on while riding.
The housing unit of the MagicShine MJ-880 is made of 6061 T6 aluminum alloy. It has a finish that is anodized and is anti-abrasive. The color scheme is flat black and silver. The dimensions of this light are 2.3” x 1.9” x 1.8”. The light and power pack are separate units but can be easily mounted without tools. Click Here for More MagicShine MJ-880 2000 Lumen Bike Light Reviews or to See Pricing.
Other articles about bicycle lights:
- Blackburn Mars 4.0 Taillight Review
- Blackburn Click Bike Light Combo Set Review
- Xeccon Spiker 1211 Bike Light Review
- Planet Bike Spok Lights Review
- Planet Bike Blaze 1 Watt Headlight Review
- Portland Design Works Radbot Bike Taillight Review
- Serfas CP-500 Bike Light Set Review
- Serfas Seat Stay Bike Taillight Review
- Reelight SL 120 Bike Light Set Review
- Beginner’s Guide to Biking at Night